Blogging Again - Updates to Blog Software
Author: MikeW Date: 2016-06-06 04:02:21 UTC Tweet
Sorry for the 6 months off. The blog needed some work and I was busy with my real job. So I kind of fell out of practice.
Anyway, over the Memorial Day holiday, I took some time to start fixing things up. So here are the results. The main thing was to make fixes to the the CSS. The site didn’t work right on iOS or Android. So I had to really dig in to figure things out. This is what I learned.
- Be careful what you include in a page. I was using a third party CSS feed reader to display links of interest. Turns out that was messing up my CSS.
- Android and Chrome do not like wide <pre> tags. You have to set both white-space and word-wrap values to get things to work right.
Anyway, the site should look much better on phones now. Enjoy!